Divine Liturgy: Sunday 10:00 AM (please join us for coffee and sweets in the parish hall following Sunday Liturgy)
Feast Days: 7:00 PM on weekdays and 10:00 AM on Saturdays (please check the announcements)
Reconciliation: 30 minutes prior to any scheduled service or by appointment. In front of the icon of Christ or in the north transept either one, except when the church is busy then confession is only offered in the north transept.
Baptism, Confirmation, and Eucharist: Please notify the pastor when a child is born/adopted so that the dates for the proper prayers and blessings in addition to the baptism can be arranged.
Marriage: Please notify the pastor at least six months before the anticipated date to allow for adequate preparation for this lifetime commitment.
Visiting the Sick: Please notify the pastor if a family member is in the hospital or unable to attend services due to illness and would like a visit. It is the responsibility of the immediate family to notify the pastor.
Funerals: Please notify the parish office before making arrangements with a funeral director.
Conversion: Our doors are open for everyone! If you are considering converting to Catholicism, you are invited to discuss with the pastor the process and any needed preparation.
Reversion: Welcome home! If you are a non-practicing Catholic, you are invited to discuss your return to sacramental life in the fullness of the church with the pastor.
New Parishioners: To help us serve you better, new parishioners are asked to fill out a registration card which can be obtained from the pastor.
There is always a need for Christian service. We are always welcoming to volunteers. You will find that in volunteering, there is satisfaction, fulfillment, joy and strength.
Our doors are always open. Call (972) 370-4700
- Church Bake and Rummage Sale!!! The sale will take place on Sat., June 15, from 9:00am to 5:00pm.
- Many Blessings to all fathers, fathers to be, spiritual and god-fathers, as we celebrate Father’s Day. May God grant you many blessed and happy years!!!
- Feast: Nativity of the Forerunner John the Baptist: Divine Liturgy on Mon., Jun. 24, 2013 at 7:00pm.
- Holy Day of Obligation: Feast of Sts. Peter and Paul: Divine Liturgy on Sat., Jun. 29, 2013, at 10:00am.
- Pirogies on sale! Please call parish office to place an order.
- Please join us for coffee and sweets after the Divine Liturgy.
- Please buy Manna Cards and support your church. Manna Cards generate profit for the church at no cost to you! Please contact Daria to place an order.
- St. Sophia has a Neighbor to Neighbor Kroger donation account that can be linked to your Kroger card. Please print out this customer letter and simply follow the instructions on that printout.
- St. Sophia has a Good Neighbor Tom Thumb reward account. Please go to the customer service desk and ask them to connect your reward card to Good Neighbor account 9448. At no cost to you, 1% of your purchase will go to St. Sophia.
- Grounds Maintenance: For some years the grounds at the back of the church complex have been sliding down into the ditch. In order to avoid the major issue of foundation damage, we will have to raise the bank. We will post more information when we find out more about the project.