Divine Liturgy: Sunday 10:00 AM (please join us for food and fellowship in the parish hall following Sunday Liturgy)
Liturgy of the Presanctified Gifts: 7:00 PM every Wednesday and Friday through the Great Fast
Feast Days: 7:00 PM on weekdays and 10:00 AM on Saturdays (please check the announcements)
Reconciliation: 30 minutes prior to any scheduled service or by appointment. In front of the icon of Christ or in the north transept either one, except when the church is busy then confession is only offered in the north transept.
Baptism, Confirmation, and Eucharist: Please notify the pastor when a child is born/adopted to arrange the dates for the proper prayers and blessings in addition to the baptism.
Marriage: Please notify the pastor at least six months before the anticipated date to allow for adequate preparation for this lifetime commitment.
Visiting the Sick: Please notify the pastor if a family member is in the hospital or unable to attend services due to illness and would like a visit. It is the responsibility of the immediate family to notify the pastor.
Funerals: Please notify the parish office before making arrangements with a funeral director.
St. Sophia parish is offering Vespers every 1st, 3rd, and 5th Wednesday of the month at 7:00 PM. At Vespers, we start the liturgical day with hymns and we pray for the upcoming night to be full of peace. Visitors, newcomers, and parishioners are encouraged to join us!
Children’s Catechesis: Please talk to Fr. Pavlo or Dn. John for more detailed information or if you would like to enroll your child who is age 7 or older in our catechetical program. Classes are usually held once a month after liturgy.
We are always welcoming to volunteers as there is always a need for Christian service. You will find that in volunteering, there is satisfaction, fulfillment, joy and strength. Our doors are always open. Call (972) 370-4700
Conversion: Our doors are open for everyone! If you are considering converting to Catholicism, you are invited to discuss with the pastor the process and any needed preparation.
Reversion: Welcome home! If you are a non-practicing Catholic, you are invited to discuss your return to sacramental life in the fullness of the church with the pastor.
New Parishioners: To help us serve you better, new parishioners are asked to fill out a registration card which can be obtained from the pastor.
Please buy Manna Cards and support your church. Manna Cards generate profit for the church at no cost to you! Please contact Daria to place an order.
Kroger Neighbor to Neighbor Program: St. Sophia’s NPO number is 90702. Please register online at www.krogercommunityrewards.com . REMEMBER, your purchases will not count for our group until after your card is registered. It costs no extra money for the parishioners to participate but gives the parish a percentage from your purchases. Last year it was very successful and the parish benefited greatly from it. Thank you for supporting your church!
St. Sophia has a Good Neighbor Tom Thumb reward account. Please go to the customer service desk and ask them to connect your reward card to Good Neighbor account 9448. At no cost to you, 1% of your purchase will go to St. Sophia.
- Feast: Encounter of our Lord; Divine Liturgy on Tue., Feb. 2, at 7:00pm.
- Vespers on Wed.. Feb., 3 at 7:00pm.
- Divine Liturgy on Sun., Feb. 7, at 10:00am, followed by the Rite of Forgiveness.
- Great Canon of Andrew of Crete on Mon., Feb. 8, at 7:00pm.
- Liturgy of Presanctified Gifts on Wed.. Feb., 10 at 7:00pm.
- Liturgy of Presanctified Gifts on Fri.. Feb., 12 at 7:00pm.
- Divine Liturgy on Sun., Feb. 14, at 10:00am. First Sunday of Great Fast.
- Liturgy of Presanctified Gifts on Wed.. Feb., 17 at 7:00pm.
- Liturgy of Presanctified Gifts on Fri.. Feb., 19 at 7:00pm.
- Divine Liturgy on Sat., Feb. 20, at 10:00am. Second All Souls Saturday.
- Divine Liturgy on Sun., Feb. 21, at 10:00am. Second Sunday of Great Fast.
- Liturgy of Presanctified Gifts on Wed.. Feb., 24 at 7:00pm.
- Liturgy of Presanctified Gifts on Fri.. Feb., 26 at 7:00pm.
- Divine Liturgy on Sat., Feb. 27, at 10:00am. Third All Souls Saturday
- Divine Liturgy on Sun., Feb. 28, at 10:00am. Third Sunday of Great Fast.
- I finished sending out letters with the amount of your donation to our parish in 2015. Please inform the parish office if you do not receive such a letter within the next few days or if the amount of donation in the report is incorrect. We will speedily correct any mistake.
- Many Thanks to all the volunteers who helped us take down and put away Christmas trees and decorations after the Liturgy last Sunday. We appreciate your help very much!
- Potluck instead of the usual Sunday Coffee Social on Sun. Feb. 7. Please bring a meatless dish that can feed at least a few people. Please also help to clean-up after the potluck. Following the potluck at 12:00 we will be showing a movie about the battle for Donetsk airport and will have an opportunity to speak with a Ukrainian soldier Alexander Chub who was injured during that battle. All are welcome.
- Reminder: Strict fasting (no dairy and meat products) on the first day of the Great Fast, on Mon. Feb. 8. Faithful are encouraged to fast at least on Wednesdays and Fridays of Lent. During the Great Fast, faithful are especially called to pay extra attention to fasting, giving alms, and praying. Questions/concerns? – please talk to Fr. Pavlo.
- Please update and/or submit names of the deceased members of your family to Fr. Pavlo , so that we can pray for their souls during All Souls Saturdays.
- Liturgy of Presanctified Gifts – every Wednesday and Friday of the Great Fast at 7:00pm.
- Liturgy of St. Basil the Great every Sunday of the Great Fast.
- Please sign up for the Sunday Coffee Social. In order for this wonderful tradition to continue, we need volunteers to fill every available spot. A sign-up sheet can be found in the cafeteria.
- Due to the upcoming influenza (flu) season and concerns regarding communicable diseases I would like to ask parishioners to use necessary precautions to prevent the spread and help mitigate the effects of those diseases and to calm the fears of the faithful. We strongly recommend not to go to church if you have a fever and are not feeling well. Also, when approaching to receive Holy Communion please open your mouth wide, hide your tongue and tilt your head back slightly. Please try to not touch the Communion spoon with your lips or mouth. Let us also continue to pray for the families affected by influenza and other communicable diseases!
- Children’s Catechesis: catechetical classes in our parish for children ages 7 and up. Please talk to Fr. Pavlo or Dn. John for more detailed information or if you would like to enroll your child into catechetical program. Classes started on Sept. 27th.
- Please continue to pray for peace in Ukraine, for our sister churches and clergy, safety of people, and especially for all those who defend the country against foreign aggressors. An English live stream is available at http://uatoday.tv
- Please join us for coffee and sweets after the Divine Liturgy.