Divine Liturgy: Sunday 10:00 AM (please join us for coffee and sweets in the parish hall following Sunday Liturgy)
Vespers: 7:00 PM each 1st, 3rd, and 5th Wednesday
Feast Days: 7:00 PM on weekdays and 10:00 AM on Saturdays (please check the announcements)
Reconciliation: 30 minutes prior to any scheduled service or by appointment. In front of the icon of Christ or in the north transept either one, except when the church is busy then confession is only offered in the north transept.
Baptism, Confirmation, and Eucharist: Please notify the pastor when a child is born/adopted so that the dates for the proper prayers and blessings in addition to the baptism can be arranged.
Marriage: Please notify the pastor at least six months before the anticipated date to allow for adequate preparation for this lifetime commitment.
Visiting the Sick: Please notify the pastor if a family member is in the hospital or unable to attend services due to illness and would like a visit. It is the responsibility of the immediate family to notify the pastor.
Funerals: Please notify the parish office before making arrangements with a funeral director.
St. Sophia parish is offering Vespers every 1st, 3rd, and 5th Wednesday of the month at 7:00 PM. At Vespers, we start the liturgical day with hymns and we pray for the upcoming night to be full of peace. Visitors, newcomers, and parishioners are encouraged to join us!
Children’s Catechesis: Please talk to Fr. Pavlo or Dn. John for more detailed information or if you would like to enroll your child who is age 7 or older in our catechetical program. Classes are usually held once a month after liturgy.
Pirogie Making: Thank you to all those who came and helped us make pirogies to clean and decorate the church for the Christmas holydays. Everything looks great! We couldn’t have done it without you.
We are always welcoming to volunteers as there is always a need for Christian service. You will find that in volunteering, there is satisfaction, fulfillment, joy and strength. Our doors are always open. Call (972) 370-4700
Conversion: Our doors are open for everyone! If you are considering converting to Catholicism, you are invited to discuss with the pastor the process and any needed preparation.
Reversion: Welcome home! If you are a non-practicing Catholic, you are invited to discuss your return to sacramental life in the fullness of the church with the pastor.
New Parishioners: To help us serve you better, new parishioners are asked to fill out a registration card which can be obtained from the pastor.
- Divine Liturgy on Sun., Aug. 3, at 10:00am.
- Divine Liturgy on Sun., Aug. 6, at 7:00pm. Feast of Transfiguration our Lord.
- Divine Liturgy on Sun., Aug. 10, at 10:00am.
- Divine Liturgy on Sun., Aug. 15, at 7:00pm. Holy Day of Obligation: Dormition of the Theotokos.
- Divine Liturgy on Sun., Aug. 17, at 10:00am.
- Vespers on Wed., Aug. 20, at 7:00pm.
- Divine Liturgy on Sun., Aug. 24, at 10:00am.
- Divine Liturgy on Sun., Aug. 31, at 10:00am.
- Many Thanks to all volunteers who continue to help renovating church buildings. God Bless You all for your hard work! There is still much work to be done. Please volunteer your time and services so that we can renovate our church, rectory and cafeteria. Please respond to our call.
- Reminder: Dormition Fast – August 1-14th. Each year the Church observes a 2 week fast from August 1st through 15th, the Dormition (or “Falling Asleep”) of the Mother of God.
- Pierogi Making: Sat., Aug. 16, from 10:00am to 3:00pm. Please come and help us to make pierogies. There is going to be plenty of work for anyone willing to help!!! Please consider responding to our call!
- VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!!! Volunteers needed to help with the celebration of the Ukrainian Independence Day on Aug. 24th. Sign-up sheets can be found in cafeteria. We need your help to make this events possible and successful. Please respond to our call!!!
- Ukrainian Independence Day celebration will take place on Sunday, August 24, after the Divine Liturgy. Tickets sold at the door. Please join us and support your church! For more information please contact Janet Bogdon.
- Please continue to pray for peace in Ukraine, safety of people, and also for all those who defend country against foreign aggressor. Life feed can be found at the following web-sites: http://espreso.tv/ and/or http://www.pravda.com.ua/
- Please join us for coffee and sweets after the Divine Liturgy.
- Please buy Manna Cards and support your church. Manna Cards generate profit for the church at no cost to you! Please contact Daria to place an order.
- Kroger Neighbor to Neighbor Program: St. Sophia’s NPO number is 90702. Please register online at www.krogercommunityrewards.com . REMEMBER, your purchases will not count for our group until after your card is registered. It costs no extra money for the parishioners to participate but gives the parish a percentage from your purchases. Last year it was very successful and the parish benefited greatly from it. Thank you for supporting your church!
- St. Sophia has a Good Neighbor Tom Thumb reward account. Please go to the customer service desk and ask them to connect your reward card to Good Neighbor account 9448. At no cost to you, 1% of your purchase will go to St. Sophia.
- Grounds Maintenance: For some years the grounds at the back of the church complex have been sliding down into the ditch. In order to avoid the major issue of foundation damage, we will have to raise the bank. We will post more information when we find out more about the project.