Divine Liturgy: Sunday 10:00 AM (please join us for coffee and sweets in the parish hall following Sunday Liturgy)
Vespers: 7:00 PM each 1st, 3rd, and 5th Wednesday
Feast Days: 7:00 PM on weekdays and 10:00 AM on Saturdays (please check the announcements)
The Liturgy of St. Basil the Great is celebrated every Sunday at 10:00 AM from March 9-April 13.
The Liturgy of Presanctified Gifts is celebrated every Wednesday and Friday at 7:00 PM from March 9-April 13.
Holy Week (April 14-April 19, 2014) has services every day.
Reconciliation: 30 minutes prior to any scheduled service or by appointment. In front of the icon of Christ or in the north transept either one, except when the church is busy then confession is only offered in the north transept.
Baptism, Confirmation, and Eucharist: Please notify the pastor when a child is born/adopted so that the dates for the proper prayers and blessings in addition to the baptism can be arranged.
Marriage: Please notify the pastor at least six months before the anticipated date to allow for adequate preparation for this lifetime commitment.
Visiting the Sick: Please notify the pastor if a family member is in the hospital or unable to attend services due to illness and would like a visit. It is the responsibility of the immediate family to notify the pastor.
Funerals: Please notify the parish office before making arrangements with a funeral director.
St. Sophia parish is offering Vespers every 1st, 3rd, and 5th Wednesday of the month at 7:00 PM. At Vespers, we start the liturgical day with hymns and we pray for the upcoming night to be full of peace. Visitors, newcomers, and parishioners are encouraged to join us!
Children’s Catechesis: Please talk to Fr. Pavlo or Dn. John for more detailed information or if you would like to enroll your child who is age 7 or older in our catechetical program. Classes are usually held once a month after liturgy.
Pirogie Making: Thank you to all those who came and helped us make pirogies to clean and decorate the church for the Christmas holydays. Everything looks great! We couldn’t have done it without you.
We are always welcoming to volunteers as there is always a need for Christian service. You will find that in volunteering, there is satisfaction, fulfillment, joy and strength. Our doors are always open. Call (972) 370-4700
Conversion: Our doors are open for everyone! If you are considering converting to Catholicism, you are invited to discuss with the pastor the process and any needed preparation.
Reversion: Welcome home! If you are a non-practicing Catholic, you are invited to discuss your return to sacramental life in the fullness of the church with the pastor.
New Parishioners: To help us serve you better, new parishioners are asked to fill out a registration card which can be obtained from the pastor.
- Liturgy of Presanctified Gifts on Fri., Apr 11, at 7:00pm.
- Liturgy of St. John Chrysostom on Sun., Apr 13, at 10:00am.
- Liturgy of Presanctified Gifts on Mon., Apr. 14, at 7:00pm.
- Liturgy of Presanctified Gifts on Tue., Apr. 15, at 7:00pm.
- Liturgy of Presanctified Gifts on Wed., Apr. 16, at 7:00pm.
- Passion Matins on Thur., Apr. 17, at 6:00pm.
- Vespers with the placement of the Holy Shroud on Fri., Apr. 18, at 7:00pm.
- Veneration of the Holy Shroud and Confessions on Sat., Apr. 19, from 1:00 to 4:00pm.
- Removal of the Holy Shroud on Sun. Apr. 20, at 8:30am; followed by Resurrection Matins at 8:45am; followed by Resurrection Divine Liturgy at 10:00am; followed by Blessing of the Easter baskets and Easter brunch after the Divine Liturgy.
- Divine Liturgy on Mon., Apr. 21, at 10:00am.
- Divine Liturgy on Tue., Apr. 22, at 10:00am.
- No Vespers on Wednesday of the Bright Week!!!
- Blessing of the palms and pussy willows will take place on Sun., Apr. 13, by the end of the Divine Liturgy.
- Easter Bake Sale will take place on Sun., Apr. 13, after the Divine Liturgy. Please talk to Janet Bogdon to place an order for Easter bread.
- Pysanka Class: Apr. 12, 1 – 5 pm, at St. Sophia Church. RSVP то Chrystya Geremesz @ 214-240-0016.
- Easter Flowers: please talk to Richard or Janet Bogdon in order to purchase lilies ($10) with a personal tag dedicated in memory of the deceased/living member of your family. Flowers can be taken home/cemetery after the Easter Services.
- Ukrainian Catholic Appeal: SHARE 2014! It is a major annual fundraiser for our eparchy. Please be generous and prayerfully consider giving. Appeal is being held until June 8th, 2014.
- Please update and/or submit to Fr. Pavlo names of the deceased members of your family, so that we can pray for their souls during All Souls Saturdays.
- Please continue to pray for peace in Ukraine, safety of people, and also for all those who defend country against foreign aggressor. Life feed can be found at the following web-sites: http://espreso.tv/ and/or http://www.pravda.com.ua/
- Please join us for coffee and sweets after the Divine Liturgy.
- Please buy Manna Cards and support your church. Manna Cards generate profit for the church at no cost to you! Please contact Daria to place an order.
- Kroger Neighbor to Neighbor Program: St. Sophia’s NPO number is 90702. Please register online at www.krogercommunityrewards.com . REMEMBER, your purchases will not count for our group until after your card is registered. It costs no extra money for the parishioners to participate but gives the parish a percentage from your purchases. Last year it was very successful and the parish benefited greatly from it. Thank you for supporting your church!
- St. Sophia has a Good Neighbor Tom Thumb reward account. Please go to the customer service desk and ask them to connect your reward card to Good Neighbor account 9448. At no cost to you, 1% of your purchase will go to St. Sophia.
- Grounds Maintenance: For some years the grounds at the back of the church complex have been sliding down into the ditch. In order to avoid the major issue of foundation damage, we will have to raise the bank. We will post more information when we find out more about the project.