Divine Liturgy: Sunday 10:00 AM (please join us for food and fellowship following Sunday Liturgy)
Vespers: 7:00 PM on Wednesdays outside the Great Fast (please check the announcements)
Liturgy of the Presanctified Gifts: 7:00 PM every Wednesday and Friday through the Great Fast
Feast Days: 7:00 PM on weekdays and 10:00 AM on Saturdays (please check the announcements)
Reconciliation: 30 minutes prior to any scheduled service or by appointment. In front of the icon of Christ or in the north transept either one, except when the church is busy then confession is only offered in the north transept.
Baptism, Confirmation, and Eucharist: Please notify the pastor when a child is born/adopted to arrange the dates for the proper prayers and blessings in addition to the baptism.
Marriage: Please notify the pastor at least six months before the anticipated date to allow for adequate preparation for this lifetime commitment.
Visiting the Sick: Please notify the pastor if a family member is in the hospital or unable to attend services due to illness and would like a visit. It is the responsibility of the immediate family to notify the pastor.
Funerals: Please notify the parish office before making arrangements with a funeral director.
Full Parish Catechesis
September’s Catechetical Focus: Creation Day 1. God Separated the Light from the Dark; Jesus is the Light of Life. (Gen 1:1-5 and John 8:12)
September Homework: Get the home packet here. Pray morning prayers (included in the home packet in English and Ukrainian), which take 2.5 minutes to pray. Learn the Sign of the Cross in a new language. Learn this month’s Bible verse. Please ask your catechist for details specific to your class.
2016-17 Dates: September 11, October 16, November 13, December 4, January 15, February 12, March 12, April 2, May 7, June 4. Meet in the church at 11:40, after a brief meal in the parish hall. Classes run until 1:40. Help with food, art, environment, and supplies are always appreciated. Visitors and newcomers are welcome!
We are always welcoming to volunteers as there is always a need for Christian service. You will find that in volunteering, there is satisfaction, fulfillment, joy and strength. Our doors are always open. Call (972) 370-4700
Conversion: Our doors are open for everyone! If you are considering converting to Catholicism, you are invited to discuss with the pastor the process and any needed preparation.
Reversion: Welcome home! If you are a non-practicing Catholic, you are invited to discuss your return to sacramental life in the fullness of the church with the pastor.
New Parishioners: To help us serve you better, new parishioners are asked to fill out a registration card which can be obtained from the pastor.
Please buy Manna Cards and support your church. Manna Cards generate profit for the church at no cost to you! Please contact Daria to place an order.
Kroger Neighbor to Neighbor Program: St. Sophia’s NPO number is 90702. Please register online at www.krogercommunityrewards.com. Remember: your purchases will not count until after your card is registered. It costs no extra money for the parishioners to participate but gives the parish a percentage from your purchases. Last year it was very successful and the parish benefited greatly from it. Thank you for supporting your church!
St. Sophia has a Good Neighbor Tom Thumb reward account. Please go to the customer service desk and ask them to connect your reward card to Good Neighbor account 9448. At no cost to you, 1% of your purchase will go to St. Sophia.
- Sun., October 9: Divine Liturgy at 10 AM with Children’s Homily
- Wed., October 12: Vespers at 7 PM
- Sun., October 16: Divine Liturgy at 10 AM for the Fathers of the 7th Ecumenical Council
- Sun., October 16: Full Parish Catechesis from 11:40-1:40
- Wed., October 19: Vespers at 7 PM
- Sun., October 23: Divine Liturgy at 10 AM
- NO VESPERS on Wed., October 26.
- Sun., October 30: Divine Liturgy at 10 AM
- NO VESPERS on Wed., November 2.
- Sun., November 6: Divine Liturgy at 10 AM with Children’s Homily
- Mon., November 7: Knights of Columbus meet at 6:30 PM at Holy Cross
- Tue., November 8: Synaxis of the Angels
- Wed., November 9: Vespers at 7 PM
- Sun., November 13: Divine Liturgy at 10 AM with Adult Homily Series
- Sun., November 13: Full Parish Catechesis from 11:40-1:40
- Tue., November 15: First day of the Nativity Fast (Pilipivka)
- Wed., November 16: Vespers at 7 PM
- Sun., November 20: Divine Liturgy at 10 AM with Adult Homily Series
- Mon., November 21: Presentation of the Theotokos
- Sun., November 27: Divine Liturgy at 10 AM with Adult Homily Series
- Wed., November 30: Vespers at 7 PM
- Many Thanks to all volunteers who helped to organize church rummage sale and to all who donated various items for the sale. It generated about $822.00 net profit for the church! The church rummage sale tax deduction receipts can be found in the church hall. All proceeds will go toward altar and preparation table building project! Thank you for your continuous support and may God Bless you!
- Many Thanks to Stephanie Beakey for contribution toward Altar Building Project in the amount of $1,000.00. Contribution made in memory of + Edward Beakey. May God bless you for your generosity! As of today we still need $5,200.00 more to raise.
- On Sunday, Oct. 30th, after the Liturgy we will have a brief presentation on eparchial Sobor. Please stay for the presentation.
- Kroger Neighbor to Neighbor Program: St. Sophia’s NPO number is 90702. Please re-register online at www.krogercommunityrewards.com –> Community –> Kroger Community Rewards –> Reenroll Now/Sign In. REMEMBER, your purchases WILL NOT count toward our church until after your card is registered. It costs no extra money for the parishioners to participate but gives the parish a percentage from your purchases. Thank you for supporting your church!
- Parochial Catechesis: catechetical classes in our parish for all ages. Classes will take place once a month on Sun. after the Divine Liturgy. Classes for adults are offered in Ukrainian and English. Please talk to Fr. Pavlo for more detailed information or if you would like to enroll into the catechetical program:
- 2-d Session – October 16, 2016
- 3-d Session – November 13, 2016
- 4-th Session – December 4, 2016
- 5-th Session – January 15, 2017
- 6-th Session – February 12, 2017
- 7-th Session – March 12, 2017
- 8-th Session – April 2, 2017
- 9-th Session – May 7, 2017
- June 4 – Pentecost Party!
- Important Notice: Please do not park in front of the handicap ramps on our parking lot. If there is not enough space, you may park on the side parking lot or on the grass on the field next to the side parking lot.
- Reminder: Parents of the young children, please make sure to check on the play room after kids are done playing there. We need to keep that room clean so that next week our children can continue to play there.
- Varenyky on sale! Please call parish office to place an order.
- Reminder: Mystery of Confession should be received by all faithful Christians on a regular basis or whenever the conscience is burdened, and at the very least during the Great Fast and Pascha season. If you have not availed yourself of this life-giving sacrament, please be sure to do so. To schedule a confession, please talk to Fr. Pavlo.
- Please sign up for the Sunday Coffee Social. In order for this wonderful tradition to continue, we need volunteers to fill every available spot. A sign-up sheet can be found in the cafeteria.
- Please continue to pray for peace in Ukraine, for our sister churches and clergy, safety of people, and especially for all those who defend the country against foreign aggressors. An English live stream is available at http://uatoday.tv
- Please join us for coffee and sweets after the Divine Liturgy.