Divine Liturgy: Sunday 10:00 AM (please join us for food and fellowship following Sunday Liturgy)
Vespers: 7:00 PM on Wednesdays outside the Great Fast (please check the announcements)
Liturgy of the Presanctified Gifts: 7:00 PM every Wednesday and Friday through the Great Fast
Feast Days: 7:00 PM on weekdays and 10:00 AM on Saturdays (please check the announcements)
Reconciliation: 30 minutes prior to any scheduled service or by appointment. In front of the icon of Christ or in the north transept either one, except when the church is busy then confession is only offered in the north transept.
Baptism, Confirmation, and Eucharist: Please notify the pastor when a child is born/adopted to arrange the dates for the proper prayers and blessings in addition to the baptism.
Marriage: Please notify the pastor at least six months before the anticipated date to allow for adequate preparation for this lifetime commitment.
Visiting the Sick: Please notify the pastor if a family member is in the hospital or unable to attend services due to illness and would like a visit. It is the responsibility of the immediate family to notify the pastor.
Funerals: Please notify the parish office before making arrangements with a funeral director.
Full Parish Catechesis
September’s Catechetical Focus: Creation Day 1. God Separated the Light from the Dark; Jesus is the Light of Life. (Gen 1:1-5 and John 8:12)
September Homework: Get the home packet here. Pray morning prayers (included in the home packet in English and Ukrainian), which take 2.5 minutes to pray. Learn the Sign of the Cross in a new language. Learn this month’s Bible verse. Please ask your catechist for details specific to your class.
2016-17 Dates: September 11, October 16, November 13, December 4, January 15, February 12, March 12, April 2, May 7, June 4. Meet in the church at 11:40, after a brief meal in the parish hall. Classes run until 1:40. Help with food, art, environment, and supplies are always appreciated. Visitors and newcomers are welcome!
We are always welcoming to volunteers as there is always a need for Christian service. You will find that in volunteering, there is satisfaction, fulfillment, joy and strength. Our doors are always open. Call (972) 370-4700
Conversion: Our doors are open for everyone! If you are considering converting to Catholicism, you are invited to discuss with the pastor the process and any needed preparation.
Reversion: Welcome home! If you are a non-practicing Catholic, you are invited to discuss your return to sacramental life in the fullness of the church with the pastor.
New Parishioners: To help us serve you better, new parishioners are asked to fill out a registration card which can be obtained from the pastor.
Please buy Manna Cards and support your church. Manna Cards generate profit for the church at no cost to you! Please contact Daria to place an order.
Kroger Neighbor to Neighbor Program: St. Sophia’s NPO number is 90702. Please register online at www.krogercommunityrewards.com. Remember: your purchases will not count until after your card is registered. It costs no extra money for the parishioners to participate but gives the parish a percentage from your purchases. Last year it was very successful and the parish benefited greatly from it. Thank you for supporting your church!
St. Sophia has a Good Neighbor Tom Thumb reward account. Please go to the customer service desk and ask them to connect your reward card to Good Neighbor account 9448. At no cost to you, 1% of your purchase will go to St. Sophia.
- Sun., January 1: Feasts: Circumcision of our Lord; St. Basil the Great: Divine Liturgy at 10:00 AM.
- Wed., January 4: Vespers at 7 PM
- Thur., January 5: Royal Hours at 9 AM
- Thur., January 5: Great Compline at 7PM
- Fri., January 6: Feast of Theophany: Divine Liturgy at 7PM followed by the Great Blessing of the water. Please remember to bring empty containers for newly blessed Jordan Water!
- Sat., January 7: Divine Liturgy at 10 AM – Christmas according to Julian calendar. Liturgy and homily will be in Ukrainian.
- Sun., January 8: Divine Liturgy at 10 AM
- Wed., January 11: Vespers at 7 PM
- Sun., January 15: Divine Liturgy at 10 AM
- Wed., January 18: Vespers at 7 PM
- Sun., January 22: Divine Liturgy at 10 AM
- Wed., January 25: Vespers at 7 PM
- Sun., January 29: Divine Liturgy at 10 AM
- Jordan Blessing of the houses will take place between Jan. 6th and Feb. 2nd. Please call parish office if you would like to schedule a visit from the pastor to do the blessing of your house.
- Many Thanks to all who helped with our fundraiser for the wounded soldiers. We have collected $3,000.00. Thank you very much for your generosity and support! God Bless!
- Fr. Pavlo started sending out letters with the amount of your donation to our parish in 2016. Please inform parish office if you do not receive such letter within the next few weeks or if the amount of donation in the report is incorrect. We will correct our mistake speedily.
- Please sign up for the Sunday Coffee Social for 2017. In order for this wonderful tradition to continue we need volunteers to fill every available spot. Sign-up sheet can be found in cafeteria.
- Please remember to pick up your 2017 offering envelopes and purchase church calendar!
- Important notice!!! New Star is on line. As of now, this is the only option. You may access our official eparchial publication at esnucc.org/new-star. You may print the entire issue on 8 ½” x 11” paper. It is your choice for color or not, single-side or double sided. You may choose only one language or both, it is up to you. Or, you may read it from your monitor, and/or store it on your computer for further reference. If you do not have access to a computer or internet, please inform Fr. Pavlo.
- Kroger Neighbor to Neighbor Program: St. Sophia’s NPO number is 90702. Please re-register online at www.krogercommunityrewards.com –> Community –> Kroger Community Rewards –> Reenroll Now/Sign In. REMEMBER, your purchases WILL NOT count toward our church until after your card is registered. It costs no extra money for the parishioners to participate but gives the parish a percentage from your purchases. Thank you for supporting your church!
- Parochial Catechesis: catechetical classes in our parish for all ages. Classes will take place once a month on Sun. after the Divine Liturgy. Classes for adults are offered in Ukrainian and English. Please talk to Fr. Pavlo for more detailed information or if you would like to enroll into the catechetical program:
- 5-th Session – January 15, 2017
- 6-th Session – February 12, 2017
- 7-th Session – March 12, 2017
- 8-th Session – April 2, 2017
- 9-th Session – May 7, 2017
- June 4 – Pentecost Party!
- Important Notice: Please do not park in front of the handicap ramps on our parking lot. If there is not enough space, you may park on the side parking lot or on the grass on the field next to the side parking lot.
- Reminder: Parents of the young children, please make sure to check on the play room after kids are done playing there. We need to keep that room clean so that next week our children can continue to play there.
- Varenyky on sale! Please call parish office to place an order.
- Reminder: Mystery of Confession should be received by all faithful Christians on a regular basis or whenever the conscience is burdened, and at the very least during the Great Fast and Pascha season. If you have not availed yourself of this life-giving sacrament, please be sure to do so. To schedule a confession, please talk to Fr. Pavlo.
- Please sign up for the Sunday Coffee Social. In order for this wonderful tradition to continue, we need volunteers to fill every available spot. A sign-up sheet can be found in the cafeteria.
- Please continue to pray for peace in Ukraine, for our sister churches and clergy, safety of people, and especially for all those who defend the country against foreign aggressors. An English live stream is available at http://uatoday.tv
- Please join us for coffee and sweets after the Divine Liturgy.