Divine Liturgy: Sunday 10:00 AM (please join us for food and fellowship following Sunday Liturgy)
Vespers: 7:00 PM on Wednesdays outside the Great Fast (please check the announcements)
Liturgy of the Presanctified Gifts: 7:00 PM every Wednesday and Friday through the Great Fast
Feast Days: 7:00 PM on weekdays and 10:00 AM on Saturdays (please check the announcements)
Reconciliation: 30 minutes prior to any scheduled service or by appointment. In front of the icon of Christ or in the north transept either one, except when the church is busy then confession is only offered in the north transept.
Baptism, Confirmation, and Eucharist: Please notify the pastor when a child is born/adopted to arrange the dates for the proper prayers and blessings in addition to the baptism.
Marriage: Please notify the pastor at least six months before the anticipated date to allow for adequate preparation for this lifetime commitment.
Visiting the Sick: Please notify the pastor if a family member is in the hospital or unable to attend services due to illness and would like a visit. It is the responsibility of the immediate family to notify the pastor.
Funerals: Please notify the parish office before making arrangements with a funeral director.
Full Parish Catechesis
September’s Catechetical Focus: Creation Day 1. God Separated the Light from the Dark; Jesus is the Light of Life. (Gen 1:1-5 and John 8:12)
September Homework: Get the home packet here. Pray morning prayers (included in the home packet in English and Ukrainian), which take 2.5 minutes to pray. Learn the Sign of the Cross in a new language. Learn this month’s Bible verse. Please ask your catechist for details specific to your class.
2016-17 Dates: September 11, October 16, November 13, December 4, January 15, February 12, March 12, April 2, May 7, June 4. Meet in the church at 11:40, after a brief meal in the parish hall. Classes run until 1:40. Help with food, art, environment, and supplies are always appreciated. Visitors and newcomers are welcome!
We are always welcoming to volunteers as there is always a need for Christian service. You will find that in volunteering, there is satisfaction, fulfillment, joy and strength. Our doors are always open. Call (972) 370-4700
Conversion: Our doors are open for everyone! If you are considering converting to Catholicism, you are invited to discuss with the pastor the process and any needed preparation.
Reversion: Welcome home! If you are a non-practicing Catholic, you are invited to discuss your return to sacramental life in the fullness of the church with the pastor.
New Parishioners: To help us serve you better, new parishioners are asked to fill out a registration card which can be obtained from the pastor.
Please buy Manna Cards and support your church. Manna Cards generate profit for the church at no cost to you! Please contact Daria to place an order.
Kroger Neighbor to Neighbor Program: St. Sophia’s NPO number is 90702. Please register online at www.krogercommunityrewards.com. Remember: your purchases will not count until after your card is registered. It costs no extra money for the parishioners to participate but gives the parish a percentage from your purchases. Last year it was very successful and the parish benefited greatly from it. Thank you for supporting your church!
St. Sophia has a Good Neighbor Tom Thumb reward account. Please go to the customer service desk and ask them to connect your reward card to Good Neighbor account 9448. At no cost to you, 1% of your purchase will go to St. Sophia.
- Sun., November 27: Divine Liturgy at 10 AM with Adult Homily Series
- Wed., November 30: Vespers at 7 PM
- Sun., December 4: Divine Liturgy at 10 AM with Adult Homily Series
- Tue., December 6: Feast of St. Nicholas: Divine Liturgy at 7:00 PM
- Wed., December 7: Vespers at 7 PM
- Fri., December 9: Feast: Conception of St. Anne, when conceived the Most Holy Theotokos: Divine Liturgy at 7:00 PM
- Sun., December 11: Divine Liturgy at 10 AM with Adult Homily Series
- Wed., December 14: Vespers at 7 PM
- Sun., December 18: Divine Liturgy at 10 AM with Adult Homily Series
- Wed., December 21: Vespers at 7 PM
- Many Thanks for contributing toward Altar Project in the amounts of: Boychuk family – $1,000.00, Bogdon family – $500, and Barker family – $250.00. As of today, we officially collected necessary funds for the new altar. Great Job and Thank You!
- Many Thanks to all volunteers who came and helped to make varenyky (148 dozens!). We filled all of our Christmas orders!!! God Bless You all for your hard work, gift of time and tremendous dedication to our church community!!!
- Church/hall clean-up and decoration set up for Christmas holy days: Sat., Dec., 10 from 10:00am to 1:00pm. Please consider responding to our call!!!
- Meet St. Nicholas: Sun., Dec. 11th, after the Divine Liturgy. Wonderful gifts for kids, coffee and snacks for parents!!!
Reminder: The Nativity Fast (St. Philip’s Fast) began on Tue., Nov. 15th and will conclude at the Divine Liturgy on Christmas Day, Dec. 25th. Faithful are encouraged to fast at least on Wednesdays and Fridays of Nativity Fast. This 40-day fast is given to prepare us for the celebration of the Lord’s birth. It offers a wonderful opportunity to exercise more generous almsgiving, more intense prayer, stricter fasting and receive the sacrament of Holy Confession!!! Questions/concerns? – please talk to Fr. Pavlo.
- Important notice!!! New Star is on line. As of now, this is the only option. You may access our official eparchial publication at esnucc.org/new-star. You may print the entire issue on 8 ½” x 11” paper. It is your choice for color or not, single-side or double sided. You may choose only one language or both, it is up to you. Or, you may read it from your monitor, and/or store it on your computer for further reference. If you do not have access to a computer or internet, please inform Fr. Pavlo.
- Kroger Neighbor to Neighbor Program: St. Sophia’s NPO number is 90702. Please re-register online at www.krogercommunityrewards.com –> Community –> Kroger Community Rewards –> Reenroll Now/Sign In. REMEMBER, your purchases WILL NOT count toward our church until after your card is registered. It costs no extra money for the parishioners to participate but gives the parish a percentage from your purchases. Thank you for supporting your church!
- Parochial Catechesis: catechetical classes in our parish for all ages. Classes will take place once a month on Sun. after the Divine Liturgy. Classes for adults are offered in Ukrainian and English. Please talk to Fr. Pavlo for more detailed information or if you would like to enroll into the catechetical program:
- 5-th Session – January 15, 2017
- 6-th Session – February 12, 2017
- 7-th Session – March 12, 2017
- 8-th Session – April 2, 2017
- 9-th Session – May 7, 2017
- June 4 – Pentecost Party!
- Important Notice: Please do not park in front of the handicap ramps on our parking lot. If there is not enough space, you may park on the side parking lot or on the grass on the field next to the side parking lot.
- Reminder: Parents of the young children, please make sure to check on the play room after kids are done playing there. We need to keep that room clean so that next week our children can continue to play there.
- Varenyky on sale! Please call parish office to place an order.
- Reminder: Mystery of Confession should be received by all faithful Christians on a regular basis or whenever the conscience is burdened, and at the very least during the Great Fast and Pascha season. If you have not availed yourself of this life-giving sacrament, please be sure to do so. To schedule a confession, please talk to Fr. Pavlo.
- Please sign up for the Sunday Coffee Social. In order for this wonderful tradition to continue, we need volunteers to fill every available spot. A sign-up sheet can be found in the cafeteria.
- Please continue to pray for peace in Ukraine, for our sister churches and clergy, safety of people, and especially for all those who defend the country against foreign aggressors. An English live stream is available at http://uatoday.tv
- Please join us for coffee and sweets after the Divine Liturgy.