Divine Liturgy: Sunday 10:00 AM (please join us for food and fellowship following Sunday Liturgy)
Liturgy of the Presanctified Gifts: 7:00 PM every Wednesday and Friday through the Great Fast
Feast Days: 7:00 PM on weekdays and 10:00 AM on Saturdays (please check the announcements)
Reconciliation: 30 minutes prior to any scheduled service or by appointment. In front of the icon of Christ or in the north transept either one, except when the church is busy then confession is only offered in the north transept.
Baptism, Confirmation, and Eucharist: Please notify the pastor when a child is born/adopted to arrange the dates for the proper prayers and blessings in addition to the baptism.
Marriage: Please notify the pastor at least six months before the anticipated date to allow for adequate preparation for this lifetime commitment.
Visiting the Sick: Please notify the pastor if a family member is in the hospital or unable to attend services due to illness and would like a visit. It is the responsibility of the immediate family to notify the pastor.
Funerals: Please notify the parish office before making arrangements with a funeral director.
St. Sophia parish is offering Vespers every 1st, 3rd, and 5th Wednesday of the month at 7:00 PM. At Vespers, we start the liturgical day with hymns and we pray for the upcoming night to be full of peace. Visitors, newcomers, and parishioners are encouraged to join us!
Children’s Catechesis: Please talk to Fr. Pavlo or Dn. John for more detailed information or if you would like to enroll your child who is age 7 or older in our catechetical program. Classes are usually held once a month after liturgy.
We are always welcoming to volunteers as there is always a need for Christian service. You will find that in volunteering, there is satisfaction, fulfillment, joy and strength. Our doors are always open. Call (972) 370-4700
Conversion: Our doors are open for everyone! If you are considering converting to Catholicism, you are invited to discuss with the pastor the process and any needed preparation.
Reversion: Welcome home! If you are a non-practicing Catholic, you are invited to discuss your return to sacramental life in the fullness of the church with the pastor.
New Parishioners: To help us serve you better, new parishioners are asked to fill out a registration card which can be obtained from the pastor.
Please buy Manna Cards and support your church. Manna Cards generate profit for the church at no cost to you! Please contact Daria to place an order.
Kroger Neighbor to Neighbor Program: St. Sophia’s NPO number is 90702. Please register online at www.krogercommunityrewards.com. Remember: your purchases will not count until after your card is registered. It costs no extra money for the parishioners to participate but gives the parish a percentage from your purchases. Last year it was very successful and the parish benefited greatly from it. Thank you for supporting your church!
St. Sophia has a Good Neighbor Tom Thumb reward account. Please go to the customer service desk and ask them to connect your reward card to Good Neighbor account 9448. At no cost to you, 1% of your purchase will go to St. Sophia.
- Vespers on Wed., Aug. 3, at 7:00pm.
- Feast of Transfiguration: Divine Liturgy on Sat., Aug. 6, at 10:00am.
- Divine Liturgy on Sun., Aug. 7, at 10:00am.
- Vespers on Wed., Aug. 10, at 7:00pm.
- Divine Liturgy on Sun., Aug. 14, at 10:00am.
- CANCELLED!!! No Vespers on Wed., Aug. 17, at 7:00pm.
- Divine Liturgy on Sun., Aug. 21, at 10:00am.
- Vespers on Wed., Aug. 24, at 7:00pm.
- Divine Liturgy on Sun., Aug. 28, at 10:00am.
- Vespers on Wed., Aug. 31, at 7:00pm.
- Divine Liturgy on Sun., Sept. 4, at 10:00am.
- Great Vespers on Wed., Sept. 7, at 7:00pm.
- Feast of Nativity of the BVM: Divine Liturgy on Thur., Sept. 8, at 7:00pm.
- Divine Liturgy on Sun., Sept. 11, at 10:00am.
- Feast of Exaltation of the Holy Cross: Divine Liturgy on Wed., Sept. 14, at 7:00pm.
- Divine Liturgy on Sun., Sept. 18, at 10:00am.
- Vespers on Wed., Sept. 21, at 7:00pm.
- Divine Liturgy on Sun., Sept. 25, at 10:00am.
- With great sadness in our hearts we would like to announce that our Bishop Richard Stephen (Seminack) 74, fell asleep in the Lord on August 16, 2016. After a prolonged battle with cancer, he died at Alden Poplar Creek Rehabilitation Center in Hoffman Estates, IL. Our condolences to his family, friends, faithful and all whose life he touched! Please remember Bishop Richard in your prayers. May his memory be eternal!
- Varenyky Making: Sat., Aug. 27, from 10:00am to 3:00pm. Please come and help us to make varenyky. Please consider responding to our call!!!
- Eparchial Sobor: On Sep. 24, there will be a one-day eparchial Sobor (gathering) held in Chicago. Bp. Bohdan Danylo from Parma will be presiding. The subject will be the “Vibrant Parish” program established by Patriarch Sviatoslav for the entire Church. Each parish is encouraged to send at least 2 lay representatives along with the pastor. Please let me know if anyone is interested in attending the eparchial Sobor.
- Ukrainian Independence Day celebration will take place on Sun., Aug 28, from 12:30 – 4pm at Oak Point Nature and Retreat Center. Please join for this wonderful celebration! Performances by Zorya Dancers, Veselka Folk Singers and Bandurist Mark Krasij. For more info contact Steve Sokolyk at President@uast.org
- Annual Eparchial Appeal: SHARE 2016! Please support our Annual Eparchial Appeal – SHARE 2016 as best as you can! Our parish goal is – $2,120.00. When making a personal donation please indicate your membership at St. Sophia Parish.
- Important Notice: Please do not park in front of the handicap ramps on our parking lot. If there is not enough space, you may park on the side parking lot or on the grass on the field next to the side parking lot.
- Reminder: Parents of the young children, please make sure to check on the play room after kids are done playing there. We need to keep that room clean so that next week our children can continue to play there.
- Varenyky on sale! Please call parish office to place an order.
- Reminder: Mystery of Confession should be received by all faithful Christians on a regular basis or whenever the conscience is burdened, and at the very least during the Great Fast and Pascha season. If you have not availed yourself of this life-giving sacrament, please be sure to do so. To schedule a confession, please talk to Fr. Pavlo.
- Please sign up for the Sunday Coffee Social. In order for this wonderful tradition to continue, we need volunteers to fill every available spot. A sign-up sheet can be found in the cafeteria.
- Children’s Catechesis: catechetical classes in our parish for children ages 7 and up. Please talk to Fr. Pavlo or Dn. John for more detailed information or if you would like to enroll your child into catechetical program.
- Please continue to pray for peace in Ukraine, for our sister churches and clergy, safety of people, and especially for all those who defend the country against foreign aggressors. An English live stream is available at http://uatoday.tv
- Please join us for coffee and sweets after the Divine Liturgy.