Divine Liturgy: Sunday 10:00 AM (please join us for coffee and sweets in the parish hall following Sunday Liturgy)
Vespers: 7:00 PM each 1st, 3rd, and 5th Wednesday
Feast Days: 7:00 PM on weekdays and 10:00 AM on Saturdays (please check the announcements)
Reconciliation: 30 minutes prior to any scheduled service or by appointment. In front of the icon of Christ or in the north transept either one, except when the church is busy then confession is only offered in the north transept.
Baptism, Confirmation, and Eucharist: Please notify the pastor when a child is born/adopted so that the dates for the proper prayers and blessings in addition to the baptism can be arranged.
Marriage: Please notify the pastor at least six months before the anticipated date to allow for adequate preparation for this lifetime commitment.
Visiting the Sick: Please notify the pastor if a family member is in the hospital or unable to attend services due to illness and would like a visit. It is the responsibility of the immediate family to notify the pastor.
Funerals: Please notify the parish office before making arrangements with a funeral director.
St. Sophia parish is offering Vespers every 1st, 3rd, and 5th Wednesday of the month at 7:00 PM. At Vespers, we start the liturgical day with hymns and we pray for the upcoming night to be full of peace. Visitors, newcomers, and parishioners are encouraged to join us!
Children’s Catechesis: Please talk to Fr. Pavlo or Dn. John for more detailed information or if you would like to enroll your child who is age 7 or older in our catechetical program. Classes are usually held once a month after liturgy.
Pirogie Making: Thank you to all those who came and helped us make pirogies to clean and decorate the church for the Christmas holydays. Everything looks great! We couldn’t have done it without you.
We are always welcoming to volunteers as there is always a need for Christian service. You will find that in volunteering, there is satisfaction, fulfillment, joy and strength. Our doors are always open. Call (972) 370-4700
Conversion: Our doors are open for everyone! If you are considering converting to Catholicism, you are invited to discuss with the pastor the process and any needed preparation.
Reversion: Welcome home! If you are a non-practicing Catholic, you are invited to discuss your return to sacramental life in the fullness of the church with the pastor.
New Parishioners: To help us serve you better, new parishioners are asked to fill out a registration card which can be obtained from the pastor.
- Divine Liturgy on Sun., May 3, at 10:00am.
- Vespers on Wed., May 6, at 7:00pm.
- Divine Liturgy on Sun., May 10, at 10:00am.
- Vespers on Wed., May 13, at 7:00pm.
- Feast: Ascension of Our Lord: Divine Liturgy on Thur., May 14, at 7:00pm.
- Divine Liturgy on Sun., May 17, at 10:00am.
- !!! Vespers on Wed., May 20, at 7:00pm: CANCELLED!!!
- 5th Memorial Saturday: Divine Liturgy followed by Parastas on Sat., May 23, at 10:00am.
- Feast: Pentecost: Divine Liturgy on Sun., May 24, at 10:00am.
- Vespers on Wed., May 27, at 7:00pm.
- Divine Liturgy on Sun., May 31, at 10:00am.
- Vespers on Wed., Jun. 3, at 7:00pm.
- Annual Eparchial Appeal: SHARE 2015! Jesus asks us to commit to be good stewards of the gifts entrusted to us, to share our time, our talent and our treasure as an outward sign of the love and gratitude we have for Him. Please be a good steward of your gifts and share them by participating in our Annual Eparchial Appeal – SHARE 2015! When making a personal donation please indicate your membership at St. Sophia Parish.
- Congratulation to Frank Avant on the occasion of his ordination to the Priesthood. May God Bless Frank with the multitude of blessings for the fruitful work in Christ vineyard!!!
- Children’s homily at the Divine Liturgy on Sun. May 24th.
- Priestly forums (parochial meeting) will take place after the Divine Liturgy on Sun., May 31st. Please join us for priestly forums and learn about financial, spiritual, and administrative report of our parish.
- Church Rummage Sale!!! The date for the sale has not been determined yet, however, please start bringing things you would like to donate for the sale. Do not wait till the last moment. Things must be in good and sellable conditions! Please respond to our call.
- A box with donations to help wounded soldiers in Ukraine will be available for donations in our cafeteria every Sunday. All donations will be tax deductible. For more detailed information please talk to Iryna Shevchuk or Roksolana Karmazyn.
- We continue to look for volunteers to take care of the Sunday Coffee Social. Please sign up if you have not done so yet. Sign-up sheet can be found in cafeteria.
- Due to the influenza (flu) season and concerns regarding communicable diseases, such as Ebola, I would like to ask parishioners to use necessary precautions to prevent the spread and help mitigate the effects of those diseases and to calm the fears of the faithful. We strongly recommend not to go to church if you have fever and not feeling well. Also, when approaching to receive Holy Communion please open your mouth wide, hide your tongue and tilt your head back slightly. Please try to not touch the Communion spoon with your lips or mouth. Let us also continue to pray for the families affected by influenza and other communicable diseases!
- Please continue to pray for peace in Ukraine, safety of people, and also for all those who defend country against foreign aggressor. Life feed can be found at the following web-sites: http://espreso.tv/ and/or http://www.pravda.com.ua/
- Please join us for coffee and sweets after the Divine Liturgy.
- Please buy Manna Cards and support your church. Manna Cards generate profit for the church at no cost to you! Please contact Daria to place an order.
- Kroger Neighbor to Neighbor Program: St. Sophia’s NPO number is 90702. Please register online at www.krogercommunityrewards.com . REMEMBER, your purchases will not count for our group until after your card is registered. It costs no extra money for the parishioners to participate but gives the parish a percentage from your purchases. Last year it was very successful and the parish benefited greatly from it. Thank you for supporting your church!
- St. Sophia has a Good Neighbor Tom Thumb reward account. Please go to the customer service desk and ask them to connect your reward card to Good Neighbor account 9448. At no cost to you, 1% of your purchase will go to St. Sophia.
- Grounds Maintenance: For some years the grounds at the back of the church complex have been sliding down into the ditch. In order to avoid the major issue of foundation damage, we will have to raise the bank. We will post more information when we find out more about the project.