Divine Liturgy: Sunday 10:00 AM (please join us for food and fellowship following Sunday Liturgy)
Liturgy of the Presanctified Gifts: 7:00 PM every Wednesday and Friday through the Great Fast
Feast Days: 7:00 PM on weekdays and 10:00 AM on Saturdays (please check the announcements)
Reconciliation: 30 minutes prior to any scheduled service or by appointment. In front of the icon of Christ or in the north transept either one, except when the church is busy then confession is only offered in the north transept.
Baptism, Confirmation, and Eucharist: Please notify the pastor when a child is born/adopted to arrange the dates for the proper prayers and blessings in addition to the baptism.
Marriage: Please notify the pastor at least six months before the anticipated date to allow for adequate preparation for this lifetime commitment.
Visiting the Sick: Please notify the pastor if a family member is in the hospital or unable to attend services due to illness and would like a visit. It is the responsibility of the immediate family to notify the pastor.
Funerals: Please notify the parish office before making arrangements with a funeral director.
St. Sophia parish is offering Vespers every 1st, 3rd, and 5th Wednesday of the month at 7:00 PM. At Vespers, we start the liturgical day with hymns and we pray for the upcoming night to be full of peace. Visitors, newcomers, and parishioners are encouraged to join us!
Children’s Catechesis: Please talk to Fr. Pavlo or Dn. John for more detailed information or if you would like to enroll your child who is age 7 or older in our catechetical program. Classes are usually held once a month after liturgy.
We are always welcoming to volunteers as there is always a need for Christian service. You will find that in volunteering, there is satisfaction, fulfillment, joy and strength. Our doors are always open. Call (972) 370-4700
Conversion: Our doors are open for everyone! If you are considering converting to Catholicism, you are invited to discuss with the pastor the process and any needed preparation.
Reversion: Welcome home! If you are a non-practicing Catholic, you are invited to discuss your return to sacramental life in the fullness of the church with the pastor.
New Parishioners: To help us serve you better, new parishioners are asked to fill out a registration card which can be obtained from the pastor.
Please buy Manna Cards and support your church. Manna Cards generate profit for the church at no cost to you! Please contact Daria to place an order.
Kroger Neighbor to Neighbor Program: St. Sophia’s NPO number is 90702. Please register online at www.krogercommunityrewards.com. Remember: your purchases will not count until after your card is registered. It costs no extra money for the parishioners to participate but gives the parish a percentage from your purchases. Last year it was very successful and the parish benefited greatly from it. Thank you for supporting your church!
St. Sophia has a Good Neighbor Tom Thumb reward account. Please go to the customer service desk and ask them to connect your reward card to Good Neighbor account 9448. At no cost to you, 1% of your purchase will go to St. Sophia.
- Divine Liturgy on Sun., May. 1, at 10:00am.
- NO VESPERS on Wed., May. 4, at 7:00pm!!!
- Feast of Ascension of Our Lord: Divine Liturgy on Thur., May. 5, at 7:00pm.
- Divine Liturgy on Sun., May. 8, at 10:00am.
- NO VESPERS on Wed., May. 11, at 7:00pm!!!
- Pentecost: Divine Liturgy on Sun., May. 15, at 10:00am.
- Vespers on Wed., May 18, at 7:00pm.
- Divine Liturgy on Sun., May. 22, at 10:00am.
- Vespers on Wed., May 25, at 7:00pm.
- Divine Liturgy on Sun., May. 29, at 10:00am.
- No Vespers on Wed., Jun. 1, at 7:00pm!!!
- Divine Liturgy on Sun., Jun. 5, at 10:00am.
- Feast of Pentecost (Descent of the Holy Spirit), May 15, 2016: Children’s homily at the Divine Liturgy. Kneeling Prayers and anointing today at the end of the Divine Liturgy.
- REMINDER: During the week after Pentecost (May 15th through May 22d) we do not fast, even on Wednesday and Friday. This week is given to us to celebrate the renewal of the Holy Spirit received on Pentecost. It is the tradition of the Church to offer Panachyda around Pentecost time for the deceased family members at the grave site. Please call parish office if you would like to request one.
- Congratulations to Nicholas Popov, Susanna Barker, Ustina Grybchuk, Sofiya Malyshchak, Sasha and Morris Neri on the occasion of their First Holy Confession and Solemn Holy Communion. May God Bless you with the multitude of His graces and the Holy Spirit always guide you and protect you!
- Important Notice: On Sun., May 22 we will host at our parish a quarterly community Blood Drive. Knights of Columbus are sponsoring this important community project. Knights will also prepare parochial breakfast that Sunday. We ask parishioners to volunteer and participate in this project. The medical bus will be at our parking lot from 8:30 am to 3:30 pm that Sunday. For more info please talk to George Natsis.
- Priestly forums (parochial meeting) will take place after the Divine Liturgy on Sun., May 29th. Please join us for priestly forums and learn about financial, spiritual, and administrative report of our parish.
- Annual Eparchial Appeal: SHARE 2016! Please support our Annual Eparchial Appeal – SHARE 2016 as best as you can! Our parish goal is – $2,120.00. When making a personal donation please indicate your membership at St. Sophia Parish.
- Important Notice: Please do not park in front of the handicap ramps on our parking lot. If there is not enough space, you may park on the side parking lot or on the grass on the field next to the side parking lot.
- Varenyky on sale! Please call parish office to place an order.
- Reminder: Mystery of Confession should be received by all faithful Christians on a regular basis or whenever the conscience is burdened, and at the very least during the Great Fast and Pascha season. If you have not availed yourself of this life-giving sacrament, please be sure to do so. To schedule a confession, please talk to Fr. Pavlo.
- Please sign up for the Sunday Coffee Social. In order for this wonderful tradition to continue, we need volunteers to fill every available spot. A sign-up sheet can be found in the cafeteria.
- Children’s Catechesis: catechetical classes in our parish for children ages 7 and up. Please talk to Fr. Pavlo or Dn. John for more detailed information or if you would like to enroll your child into catechetical program. Classes started on Sept. 27th.
- Please continue to pray for peace in Ukraine, for our sister churches and clergy, safety of people, and especially for all those who defend the country against foreign aggressors. An English live stream is available at http://uatoday.tv
- Please join us for coffee and sweets after the Divine Liturgy.